Arrangements for Severe Weather Conditions
If the weather does take a turn for the worst we will take all possible action to stay open during bad weather conditions such as snow and ice. However, the combination of bad road and pavement conditions both around the school and further out can make it difficult for many members of staff to reach school and affect the safety of the children both on and off the site.
The decision to open or close will take into account how safe it is for both staff and children to travel to school; the condition of the site and surrounding areas; the number of staff who can reach school and advice from the Local Authority.
In making the decision I will also liaise with Oldfield Park Infant School and take into account the conditions affecting both schools. The Local Authority requires us to make this decision between 6am and 6.30am so it will be based on information available at that time.
The decision may be to open the school later than usual. This decision has been made in the past to enable staff to reach school once road conditions have improved. It also gave us the time we needed to prepare the site for the children to ensure their safety. If this decision is made, please do not bring children in before the announced time as we cannot guarantee that adequate supervision will be available.
Keeping You Informed
Once a definite decision has been made we will:
Many thanks for your support in this matter.
Mr Dave Goucher