Class Pages and Remote/Home Learning
Please follow the links on the left hand side of the page to find out what each class is up to as well as, in the event of a lockdown or bubble bursting, the work that has been set for Home Learning.
Below highlights the arrangements for home learning should one of our year group bubbles need to self-isolate, a local or national lockdown is put in place or teaching arrangements are not viable due to the number of staff self-isolating, unwell or awaiting COVID test results. From these scenarios the time spent at home for your child could be a couple of days, two weeks or perhaps longer. Needless to say let’s hope that this situation doesn’t arise, but it’s best to be prepared!
What does it look like? If a bubble has to close down, we will adopt a fairly similar approach to the one over lockdown. Specifically:
- Timetable emailed home and published onto our school website;
- Five days of learning that will include five English lessons, five Maths lessons and five afternoon lessons (Theme based).
- There will also be the usual spelling, reading and Doodlemaths to complement this provision.
- One Zoom session led by your child’s class teacher during the week focussing upon well-being activities, Value of the Month as well as provide an opportunity to clear up any misconceptions regarding the work set.
- Online applications such as Purplemash, Seesaw and Doodlemaths will continue.
In terms of a timeframe for home learning to commence should a bubble shut down, we are setting the expectation if a bubble was to close, for example on a Monday, the timetable for the remainder of the week would be circulated in readiness to continue home learning on the Tuesday.
Our current approach relies upon households having access to the internet and computer equipment. If this is an issue for you then please get in touch with Steve in the School Office. Indeed, it is important that we have the most up-to-date information with regards to parents/carers and children being able to access IT so that we can either loan out hardware or provide learning packs if needs be.