17 March 2023
Hello & welcome to the OPJS Parent, Staff, Friends Association
After many fantastic fundraising years, where we raised approximately £11,000 each year, we are looking to keep up the good work again this year and we would love your help!
All parents, carers, guardians and staff are automatically members of Oldfield Park Junior School PSFA and are always welcome to attend meetings. Please don’t be shy, we would love to see you there and to hear your ideas. We usually meet once a month so please keep an eye out in the school newsletter for the next scheduled meeting - we look forward to hopefully seeing you there!
What does the PSFA do?
The main aim of the PTA is to raise money for the school through fun events and initiatives such as:
- The Christmas Fair
- The Summer Fete
- Spring and Autumn Discos
- Car Boot Sales
- Wine Tasting Events
- Quiz Nights
- Christmas Wreath Making Workshops
- Second-Hand Uniform Sale
and much more! Please contact us if you have any ideas for the new school year that would help us raise even more money for our fantastic school.
The PSFA provides money to enrich the children’s education.
This year we are saving to replace sports equipment, look into investing in a new play area as well as helping to maintain the many amazing facilities we have already got! It will be a significant undertaking, so if you know of any grants or match funding opportunities, please get in touch.
More recently we have contributed towards/purchased:
- Subsidised school trips
- IT equipment and software
- Djembe drumming
- The Y6 Beach Party
- New Sports kit
- Renovation of the school pond
- Equipment for OPJS Playday
- Latin books
- Table tennis tables
- St John's Ambulance first aid training for Y6
- Magazine subscriptions for the School Library
The PSFA helps the School.
The PTA help the school staff with the following:
- The Christmas Fair
- Summer Parties
- The Y6 performance
- The Y6 leavers performance
Meetings are held on a regular basis so do keep an eye out on the School Calendar and for the termly newsletters.
The current Members of the PSFA are and are coontactable via firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Miss Sarah Weston - Chair & Fundraiser
- Mrs Lia Billimore - Treasurer & Fundraiser
- Mr David Goucher - Headteacher
- Miss Julie Butler - Deputy Headteacher & Secretary
- Kelly Dorgan - Fundraiser & OPI PSFA Chair
- Julie Phillips - Fundraiser & OPI PSFA Treasurer
- Jo Branston - Pre-loved uniform co-ordinator
Upcoming Meeting Dates for the Year
Please keep an eye out for the dates of the next meeting which will be included in the school newsletter.